Friday, April 08, 2005

Reflections on Opportunities and Serendipity (Part 1)

After I spent the early evening at the deserted WordPress and Rubik's Cube meetups, I walked crosstown towards the 1 train so I could visit the Columbia University Games Club for the first time. On the way, I decide to pick up my cell phone and post an audioblog.

It was rather interesting to note that, more than anything else, it felt like I was simply talking on the phone. This, of course, because others must have assumed that that's what I was doing. In any case, here's a brief overview of what I rambled on about:

  • A brief overview of my day.
  • Reflections on the interconnectedness between my various interests and opportunities lately. More specifically, observations on how cool it is that my self-activism on business networking sites such as Ryze is indirectly responsible for my interest in podcasting, and which is in turn indirectly responsible for my willingness to attend and interest in public speaking courses.
  • An example of the above: on the train towards the Rubik's Cube meetup I was cubing and talked about the cube to a young boy and his father who seemed interested in it.
  • Feelings of excitement as I looked forward to go to the Columbia University Games Club for the first time and meet its members. (Yes, it did go very, very well tonight and I had a lot of fun.)

Unfortunately, Audioblogger has a time limit for audio posts, and this post exceeded the time limit. Thus, it is split into two separate entries.

Also note that I have the cell phone from hell, so the quality of this post is decidedly sub-par. There are parts where I can't be understood or even heard at all because of the utterly poor quality that is T-Mobile. (Do not get a T-Mobile contract if you are in a metropolitan area!)

Below is part one in this two-part audioblog entry.

this is an audio post - click to play

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home